Grocery shopping is something we all have to do, even
though choosing the right foods can be very hard
indeed. To assist you with your healthy grocery
shopping, the tips below can indeed help make things
easier than ever before:
1. Never go grocery shopping on an empty stomach.
2. Select canned fruits and tuna that are packed in
water, not oil or syrup.
3. Look at the labels for the words “hydrogenated”
or “partially hydrogenated”. The earlier you see
them appear on the list, the higher the amount of
unhealthy trans fatty acids the food will contain.
4. Don’t buy turkey with the skin on it, and if
you plan to buy chicken – buy a chicken breast
5. When you select frozen dinners, select those
that are not only low in fat, but low in sodium
and cholesterol as well.
6. If you aren’t consuming enough dairy products,
go with calcium fortified orange juice instead.
7. Go for whole grain breads, cereals, and rolls.
8. Give cantaloupe a try. With just 95 calories,
half of the melon will provide more than a day’s
supply of Vitamin C and beta carotene.
9. Don’t be tricked into buying yogurt covered
by nuts or raisins, as the coating is normally
made of sugar and partially hydrogenated oils.
10. Get some of the low fat treats, such as
pretzels, ginger snaps, and angel food cake.
By following the above tips when grocery shopping,
you’ll avoid the bad foods and get those that you
need. There are many different healthy foods at
the grocery store, all it takes is the will power
to go past the bad foods and on to the good ones.
(word count 282)